ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Facilities Manager with a passion for UK real estate to join our fast paced, dynamic and friendly team.
Whilst you will be required travel independently around the UK visiting assets, you will play an important role in our integrated team, where Property and Facilities Management, Asset Management, Investment Management, Investor Reporting, Directors and Operations Management all work closely together.
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to contribute to the success of a growing organisation.
This role will involve regular travel around the UK as it will be necessary to visit the assets that are being managed by APAM. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To be responsible for the overall security arrangements of multiple commercial properties including ensuring staff are aware of the procedures on security and the use of alarm systems,
that there is an appropriate system of key holding management, that periodic reviews off site security are conducted and that appropriate progress is followed through. To issue and monitor
the use of security cards and keys.
- To draw up maintenance schedules and set routine programmes of work for cleaning staff, premises and grounds maintenance staff to ensure consistently high standards of hygiene, cleanliness, upkeep and safety of all school buildings and premises.
- To manage and operate systems of staffing cover
- To ensure that all statutory elements of health and safety are implied and undertaking responsibility for monitoring first aid and emergency supplies and equipment and maintaining the premises in a safe and healthy condition and to a high standard.
- To ensure the maintenance and periodic checking of fire and other safety equipment by specialist contractor. To undertake the operation and periodic checking of the fire alarm system and equipment as detailed in the Fire Safety log book. To initiate and record regular fire drills.
- To monitor the safe storage and control of any potentially harmful materials and chemicals used within the building and ensure that such materials are appropriately marked and signposted.
- To be responsible for all aspects of risk management, including ensuring all necessary risk assessments are completed and the necessary checks are in place to meet all audit requirements.
- To be responsible for the planned and ad hoc maintenance and upkeep of the premises and equipment including the required safety checks. To liaise with contractors as required.
- To be responsible for the line management of all staff, to include participating in their recruitment and selection, identifying their training needs and drawing up their programme of work.
- To ensure appropriate staffing levels and deployment of staff
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences
- Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
- Undertake duties within company policies and procedures and in accordance with the Quality Management System
To find out more please click here to read the full job description.